Compass Festival 2014 | Volunteer Opportunity
Between 13 – 23 November 2014, Compass Festival returns for its second edition. Unfolding over 11 wonderful days of interactive artworks. Taking place both in well-loved and established cultural venues, the programme also bursts out into more unusual sites such as the Everyman Cinema, Trinity Leeds and Leeds Markets.
Compass Festival is seeking motivated and enthusiastic volunteers to get involved in the festival.
This volunteer opportunity is ideal if you want to gain work experience alongside professional artists, producers and programmers, including founders of the festival Annie Lloyd and Peter Reed.
You will gain valuable experience in:
- Liaising with venue staff
- Acting as assistants to artists
- Liaising between artists and Festival organisers as required
- Gaining an insight into festival management and organisation
- Working as part of a larger team to realise an exciting vision
- Providing support and advice to audiences
- Exploring Live Art as an art form
- Hands on experience of the marketing of the festival and promoting its mission
This is not only a volunteer opportunity but a chance for the festival and you to build a mutually beneficial relationship, that supports your development within the arts. Previous volunteers have gone on to do work placements and join Compass Young Producers Scheme.
To begin this relationship we invite you to our open call for volunteers on Wednesday 15th October at 5pm, where we will discuss the festival programme and give you all the information you need.
Register your interest by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line VOLUNTEER
This informal meeting will start at 5pm and will take place at: