Compass Festival 2022 Festival Welcome
Image by Sable Radio
Help us shape the future of Compass Live Art and Compass Festival!
Compass Live Art is seeking to expand its current Board of Trustees. We are a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. We are committed to Leeds and to making extraordinary art projects accessible and available to everyone. Compass has grown steadily over the last 11 years and we want to expand the board to include some additional skills and perspectives. We are keen to invite people who may not have considered serving on a board before but who have a lot to offer because of where they live, who they work with, their life experiences and their own personal and professional skills. We have worked hard at trustee level to foreground inclusivity and since 2020 are proud that our board is reflective of the city we live and work in.
We would particularly welcome interest from
- people who are active in Leeds’ communities
- people working in financial management or services
- people working in marketing, communications or PR
- people working as legal advisers, paralegals, solicitors and barristers
- independent business owners
- academics specialising in climate change and food systems
You don’t need to have all these, of course. We are looking for engaged, active people who can attend 4 meetings a year, be advocates for Compass, attend our events and are willing to take on the responsibilities of becoming a charity trustee.
There are six essential responsibilities of a Trustee
- Ensure your charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit
- Comply with your charity’s governing document and the law
- Act in your charity’s best interests
- Manage your charity’s resources responsibly
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Ensure your charity is accountable
We are looking at this stage for expressions of interest which we can develop further. If you are interested in becoming a Trustee of Compass Live Art or you want to know more about who we are and what we do, please email Charlotte by 30th November 2023 and we can arrange an informal chat in the first instance firstname.lastname@example.org